Home Made Chicken Liver PateFrom liezel 9 years ago
- 125 g diced bacon (1 cup) shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- 250 g chicken livers (2 cups) shopping list
- 75 g butter or margarine (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 13 ml sherry or brandy (1 tblsp) shopping list
- 25 ml cream (2 tblsp) shopping list
- 25 ml finely chopped parsley (2 tblsp) shopping list
- 2 ml salt (3/4 teaspoon) shopping list
- 1 ml blackpepper (1/4 teaspoon) shopping list
- 1 slice of whole grain bread shopping list
- pinch mixed spices shopping list
How to make it
- Put onion, garlic and bacon in a microwaveable bowl.
- Microwavw at 100 % for 5 minutes while stirring in between.
- Put in the chicken livers, butter and spices.
- Mix well.
- Microwave for another 5 minutes.
- Stirr and let it cool down.
- Stirr in the brandy or sherry.
- Stirr in the cream.
- Put in the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Break the bread into pieces into the bowl.
- Mix all together.
- Put into a foodprocessor.
- Consistency must be like a spread.
- Put into bowls and into the freezer until needed.