Mashed Potatoes With A Hint Of HorseradishFrom lor 7 years ago
- 2 pounds of potatoes, peeled and either quartered or cut into 2-inch chunks (Russet, Yukon Gold, Red or White Skin) shopping list
- Note: only the Russets need to be peeled shopping list
- 1/3 cup sour cream (might need a tad more) shopping list
- a good splash of 2% or homoginized milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated fresh horseradish(sometimes difficult to find in your local grocery store) or good quality jarred horseradish shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons butter, cut up shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Place the chunks of potato in a 2-quart saucepan with water to cover.
- Boil for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain well, leaving potatoes in saucepan.
- Combine the sour cream, horseradish and minced garlic clove in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the butter to the potatoes, stirring until melted.
- Add the sour cream mixture.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- Stir in the salt.
- At this point you can add the parsley to the mashed potatoes. Sometimes I do and somtimes I place the potatoes in a serving dish/bowl and garnish with the fresh parsley.
- Serve hot!