Tomato Spinach DipFrom janetms 7 years ago
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- PITA TRIANGLES: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 6 whole pita breads shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, salt and cayenne until smooth. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach and onion. Spoon into an ungreased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, combine butter and oil; brush over both sides of pitas. Cut each pita into eight wedges; place on ungreased baking sheets. Combine cumin and lemon-pepper; sprinkle over both sides of wedges. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with spread.
The Cookjanetms Gaithersburg, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!