Grilled Tofu with a Mediterranean Chopped SaladFrom peacekeeper0 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, preferably water-packed shopping list
- Mediterranean Chopped Salad (recipe follows) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill.
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of this mixture for basting.
- Drain and rinse tofu; pat dry. Cut the block crosswise into eight 1/2-inch-thick slices and place in a shallow glass dish. Add remaining marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or for up to 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, make Mediterranean Chopped Salad.
- Lightly oil the grill rack (hold a piece of oil-soaked paper towel with tongs and rub it over the grate). Drain the tofu, discarding marinade. Grill the tofu over medium-high heat, basting occasionally with reserved lemon juice mixture, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve immediately, topped with the salad.
The Cookpeacekeeper0 Kent, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!