Cranberry-Sauced Pork ChopsFrom way2nrml 9 years ago
- 6 pork loin rib chops, cut 3/4-inch thick shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 1 Tb. butter or olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 C. apple cider or apple juice shopping list
- 1/2 of a 16 oz. can (1 C.) whole cranberry sauce shopping list
- 2 Tb. sliced green onion (1 onion) shopping list
- 2 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. finely shredded orange peel shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from meat. Sprinkle chops lightly with pepper. In a 12-inch skillet, cook chops in hot fat over medium-high heat about 2 minutes per side. Drain off fat.
- Pour apple juice over chops. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 5-6 minutes or till no pink remains and juices run clear. Transfer pork chops to a plate and keep warm. Reserve 1/2 C. juices from skillet.
- For sauce, stir together cranberry sauce, green onion, cornstarch (I dissolved this in about 2 tsp. apple juice to prevent clumping), brown sugar and orange peel. Stir into reserved juices in skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. To serve, spoon sauce over chops.
The Cookway2nrml Raleigh, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!