Crockpot Mushroom Stuffed Beef RollupsFrom flavorsofitaly 9 years ago
- $ thin beef round steaks (about 3 oz each) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 4 oz mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 rib celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1 Tbl dry red wine shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 3 Tbl COLD water shopping list
- 2 Tbl cornstarch shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Using a meat mallet, pound steaks to 1/4 inch thickness
- Coat a nonstick skillet with olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms, onions, and celery, and saute, stirring until the mushrooms and onions are lightly browned.
- In a bowl, combine the mushroom mixture, stuffing mix, and 1/2 cup of the broth. Place a spoonful of the stuffing mixture in the center of each steak, roll up, and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the nonstick skillet again, add the roll ups, and cook until they're browned on all sides. Transfer to crockpot. Pour in the wine and the remaining 1/2 cup broth. Add the bay leaf. Cover and cook on low for 6 -8 hours, until beef is cooked through and very tender.
- Remove to a platter, reserving the broth - keep the beef warm. Discard bay leaf. Pour broth into a saucepan.
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water in a measuring cup. Pour into the broth and cook, stirring, over medium heat until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve the roll ups with the thickened broth. If desired, sprinkle pepper over each serving.