Cranberry Apple PieFrom peacekeeper0 6 years ago
- Pie shopping list
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry shopping list
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored, and quartered shopping list
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (thawed if frozen) shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- Crumb topping shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a 9-inch standard (not deep-dish) pie pan with the pastry, fluting the edge.
- Thinly slice the apples crosswise and combine them in a large bowl with the cranberries. Add the sugar, lemon juice, and flour, mixing well.
- Transfer the filling to the pie shell, smoothing the top of the fruit. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, and cinnamon for the topping. Add the butter, rubbing it into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- After 30 minutes, remove the pie from the oven and reduce the temperature to 375 degrees.
- Spread the topping over the pie and bake it for another 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is golden and the fruit thickens and bubbles around the edges.
- Allow the pie to cool for 2 hours before serving.