Pastel AztecaFrom arimou0 6 years ago
- 1 chicken breast shredded shopping list
- 1 lb roma tomatoes shopping list
- 1 medium size onion shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves peeled shopping list
- 1-2 canned chipotle adobado peppers shopping list
- 24 corn tortillas shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 8 oz. Chihuahua cheese shredded 2 cups approx. shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cut tortillas in triangles (quarters) and fried them in batches until they turn hard, Mexican restaurant style.
- Blend together tomatoes, ¾ of the onion, garlic and adobado peppers using one cup of chicken broth.
- In a large pot pour the tomato mix.
- Add the rest of the chicken broth and salt and let it simmer for about 10 minutes over medium heat. Stir constantly.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut the rest of the onion in thin slices.
- Place a layer of tortilla chips at the bottom of a 9”x13” baking dish using 1/3 of the tortillas.
- Add another layer using half of the shredded chicken, 1/3 of the sliced onion and 1/3 of shredded cheese.
- Pour some of the tomato sauce.
- Add another layer of ingredients, tortilla chips, cheese, onion and the rest of the chicken.
- Finish up with a layer of tortilla chips and onion.
- Pour the rest of the tomato sauce.
- Top off with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.