Bacon and Tomato Potato SkinsFrom nlo209 6 years ago
- 6 large baking potatoes shopping list
- 2 tsp. cooking oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- several dashes of hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 2/3 cup chopped cooked bacon shopping list
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped green onion shopping list
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly and prick with a fork. Arrange on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave uncovered, on high for 17 to 22 minutes or until almost tender, rearranging once. (Or, bake in a 425ºF oven for 40 to 45 minutes until tender. Cool.
- Halve each potato lengthwise. Scoop out the inside of each potato half, leaving about a 1/4 inch thick shell. Reserve the rest of the potato for another use.
- Combine the cooking oil, chili powder, and hot pepper sauce. With a pastry brush, brush the insides of the potato halves with the oil mixture.
- Cut the potato halves in half lengthwise. Return to the baking sheet. Sprinkle the potato quarters with bacon, tomato, and green onion. Top with cheese. To make ahead, cover and chill for up to 24 hours
- Bake in 450ºF oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and potato quarters are heated through. Serve with sour cream, if desired.