Absolute Best Potato CasseroleFrom xmrshughesx 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 3/4 cup swiss cheese, shreded shopping list
- 6 large russet potatoes, sliced in 1/4-inch slices shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 pound cooked ham, chopped shopping list
- 1 (16oz) package frozen cauliflower shopping list
- 1/4 cup crushed cornflakes cereal shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease medium baking dish.
- To prepare the cheese sauce: melt butter in a mediu saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mi in milk and stir constantly until thickened. Mix in cheddar cheese and swiss cheese, and continue to stir until smooth. Reduce heat to low.
- Layer potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Layr onion and ham over potatoes. Top with cauliflower. Cover with the cheese sauce.
- Bake covered 1 hour in the preheated oven. Remove cover, sprinkle with crushed cornflakes, and continue baking 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender and surface is bubbly and lightly bowned. Allow to cool about 10 minutes before serving.