Cowboy Pinto BeansFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1 pound dried pinto beans shopping list
- 8 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 pound salt pork (as lean as you can find) shopping list
- 1 14-ounce can whole tomatoes, with juice shopping list
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 3 jalapenos seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 cup barbecue sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and pick over beans.
- Make several cuts into the salt pork down to but not through the rind.
- Combine all ingredients except salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low simmer.
- Cook very slowly covered.
- Stir beans up from the bottom occasionally and add water if they start looking dry.
- Cook for at least 2 hours.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!