Crispy White Beans With Chili OilFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 8 cups white beans cooked shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup chili oil shopping list
- 1 cup rice coating (recipe below) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced serranos shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon julienned lemon zest shopping list
- rice Coating: shopping list
- 1 cup arborio rice shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup semolina shopping list
- 2 tablespoons table salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl let beans soak in buttermilk for 20 minutes then drain in a sieve.
- Place the sieve over a bowl.
- Heat 3/4 cup olive oil and chili oil in a skillet over high heat.
- While oil is heating sprinkle coating over beans and shake in sieve to coat beans well.
- Repeat with coating that falls into the bowl.
- Carefully add beans to the hot oil and spread them into an even layer.
- Cook without stirring 7 minutes.
- Turn and brown on other side another 6 minutes adjusting heat so they don't burn.
- When they are evenly browned add sliced garlic and brown for another 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add serranos to pan and continue to fry for another 15 seconds before adding sage.
- With a slotted spoon transfer beans to paper towels to drain.
- Sauté until leaves turn crisp.
- Top with lemon zest then remove from the heat.
- To make coating grind rice in a blender until very fine.
- Put in a bowl and all the flour, semolina, salt and pepper then toss until well blended.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!