Spicy black bean burgersFrom sola 7 years ago
- 1 15 OZ can black beans,rinsed & drained shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion shopping list
- 1 jalapeno,seed & deribbed(white inner) minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs or cracker meal.(I prefer cracker meal) shopping list
- 2 Tblsp.chunky salsa shopping list
- 1 Tsp.ground cumin shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Mash beans in medium bowl with fork.Add onion,breadcrumbs,salsa,cumin,jalapeno.Season with salt and pepper.Using moistened hands,shape bean mixture into 2 patties.
- Saute in oil,( appx.2 tblsp.oil) for 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm.
- Can be made ahead and sauteed later,this give flavors a chance to meld.