Yellow Squash CassouletFrom lor 8 years ago
- 4 cups sliced yellow squash shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 35 buttery round crackers ie. Ritz, crushed shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place squash and onion in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in a small amount of water.
- Cover, and cook until squash is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain squash well, and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cracker crumbs and cheese.
- Stir half of the cracker mixture into the cooked squash and onions.
- In a small bowl, mix together eggs and milk, then add to squash mixture.
- Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cracker mixture, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.