Uncle Bills Microwave Potato ChipsFrom hottamale 6 years ago
How to make it
- If potatoes are old, peel and slice thin, 1/16" in thickness, slicing across the potato.
- If the potatoes are new or good skins, DO NOT PEEL, just scrub well, then slice them 1/16" in thickness, slicing across the potato.
- Sprinkle with your choice of spices or herbs or just leave them plain.
- If you have a microwave bacon tray, place the sliced potatoes flat on the tray in a single layer.
- Cover with a microwaveable, round heavy plastic cover.
- Microwave on HIGH (full power) for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Cooking time could vary slightly, depending on the wattage of your microwave.
- You do not have to turn the sliced potatoes over.
- If you do not have a bacon tray, use a microwave safe casserole dish.
- Rub the inside of the dish with some olive oil for the first batch of potato chips.
- I do not know why, but I find that if you do not rub oil the first time, some chips will tend to stick to the dish.
- After the first batch is done, you do not have to rub the dish again.
- Continue to microwave the remainder of sliced potatoes as noted above.
- You can also use PARCHMENT PAPER to place your potato slices. Place your potato slices, then sprinkle them with whatever you like and then place another piece of parchment paper on top.
- This will help microwave the potatoes more evenly and they should turn out nice and crisp.
- ADDITIONAL SEASONING IDEAS:
- Granulated garlic powder with parsley.
- Cracked black pepper, grated parmesan and sea salt sprinkled after removing from microwave.
- NUTRITION FACTS:
- Calculated for 1 serving
- Calories 164
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2g
- Saturated Fat 0.1g
- Polyunsat. Fat 0.1g
- Monounsat. Fat 0.0g
- Trans Fat 0.0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 12mg
- Potassium 896mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7g
- Sugars 1.7g
- Protein 4.3g
- Vitamin A 4mcg
- Vitamin B6 0.6mg
- Vitamin B12 0.0mcg
- Vitamin C 41mg
- Vitamin E 0mcg
- Calcium 25mg
- Magnesium 48mg
- Iron 1mg
People Who Like This Dish 34
The Cookhottamale Canton, OH
The Rating4 people
Just a little FYI: When I made these tonight, I added a little olive oil to the plate I was using; placed the potatoes on the plate; seasoned them; flipped them over (& moved them around the plate a bit so the oil covered the other side)and then seas...morehottamale in Canton loved it
Amazin!Didn't know you can make chips in the nuker!Zillachefzilla in Hope loved it