Pineapple Sponge CakeFrom liezel 8 years ago
- 15 ml butter or margarine (1 tablespoon, heaped) shopping list
- 180 ml milk (3/4 cup) shopping list
- 3 extra large eggs shopping list
- 250 ml sugar (1 cup) shopping list
- 375 ml cake flour (1 cup + 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 10 ml baking powder (2 teaspoons) shopping list
- 2 ml salt (2/4 teaspoon) shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 400 g canned grounded pineapple pieces (14 0z ; 0.9 pound) shopping list
- 15 ml golden syrup (1 tablespoon - heaped) shopping list
- 5 ml lemon juice (1 teaspoon) shopping list
- 15 ml custard powder (1 tablespoon, heaped) shopping list
- 30 ml milk (1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon) shopping list
- 250 ml cream, chilled (1 cup) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat up the butter or margarine and milk to boiling point.
- Let it cool down.
- Beat eggs until light.
- Put the sugar spoon by spoon in eggs.
- Beat until thick.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Fold into wet mixture.
- Pour in the chilled milk mixture slowly.
- Fold in.
- Divide into to baking pans or 4.
- Bake at 200 degreesC (390 deg F) for 20 minutes.
- Turn out.
- Let it cool down totally.
- If you used 2 paking pans, divide the layers into four.
- Filling.Heat up pineapple, syrup and lemon juice to boiling point.
- Mix in the custard powder which is mixed with the milk.
- Stir the whole time.
- Take off and let it cool down.
- Beat the cream until stiff.
- Fold into mixture.
- Put onto layers.
The Cookliezel Bloemfontein, ZA
- Not added to any groups yet!