Shrimp and Mango WrapsFrom nlo209 9 years ago
- 1/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 2 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb. large shrimp in shell (16 to 20 per lb.), peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 (1 lb.) firm-ripe mango, peeled and cut into 1/3 inch, cubes shopping list
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 (6 oz.) bunch spinach or watercress (stems discarded) shopping list
How to make it
- Pulse sour cream, mayonnaise, basil, chives, 1/4 tsp. salt, and pepper in a blender until herbs are finely chopped and mixture is pale green.
- Bring 2 quarts water, lemon juice, and remaining 2 tsp. salt to a boil in large saucepan, then poach shrimp, uncovered, at a bare simmer until just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking. Let shrimp chill in water 2 minutes, then drain and pat dry. Coarsely chop shrimp, then add to dressing along with mango and stir to combine.
- Toast tortillas 1 at a time directly on burner (gas or electric) at moderately high heat, turning with tongs, until puffed slightly and browned in spots but still flexible, 30 to 40 seconds.
- Transfer to a clean kitchen towels as toasted and stack, loosely wrapped in towel.
- Divide spinach among tortillas, arranging it across middle, then top with 1 1/2 cups shrimp salad.
- Tuck in ends of wraps. then roll up tightly. Cut wraps in half diagonally.
The Cooknlo209 Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!