Holiday Coconut CakeFrom redkitchen 9 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 tea. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tea. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegtable shortening shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tea. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 - 6 oz packages frozen coconut shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350*
- 2. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 3. Combine flour mixture with shortening and milk. Beat approx. 2 minutes at medium speed
- 4. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat an additional 2 minutes
- 5. Bake in 2 greased and floured round 9" cake pans 30 minutes.
- 6. Let stand 5 minutes after removing from over. Turn out on wax paper.
- 7. Prepare frosting by combining coconut, sour cream and sugar in sauce pan. Boil and stir 10 minutes
- 8. Split each cake layer in half.
- 9. Spoon hot icing between each of the 4 layers. Frost top and sides.
- 10. Refrigerate 3 days before serving
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookredkitchen Murfreesboro, TN
The Rating3 people
sounds very yummy ive never seen frozen coconut where do you get it at????minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Yep, has to wait 3 days! It's wonderful in the hot summer too. Love, love this recipe! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Looks yummy.I know that it won't last in my house.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!