Holiday Coconut CakeFrom redkitchen 7 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 tea. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tea. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegtable shortening shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tea. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 - 6 oz packages frozen coconut shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350*
- 2. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 3. Combine flour mixture with shortening and milk. Beat approx. 2 minutes at medium speed
- 4. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat an additional 2 minutes
- 5. Bake in 2 greased and floured round 9" cake pans 30 minutes.
- 6. Let stand 5 minutes after removing from over. Turn out on wax paper.
- 7. Prepare frosting by combining coconut, sour cream and sugar in sauce pan. Boil and stir 10 minutes
- 8. Split each cake layer in half.
- 9. Spoon hot icing between each of the 4 layers. Frost top and sides.
- 10. Refrigerate 3 days before serving
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookredkitchen Murfreesboro, TN
The Rating3 people
Looks yummy.I know that it won't last in my house.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
Yep, has to wait 3 days! It's wonderful in the hot summer too. Love, love this recipe! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
sounds very yummy ive never seen frozen coconut where do you get it at????minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!