Portuguese Egg TartsFrom bylow919 7 years ago
- (Makes 12 tarts) shopping list
- Ingredients A (Crust): shopping list
- 1 box of Betty Crocker pie crust Mix (Net Wt 11 Oz) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup cold water shopping list
- Ingredients B (Filling): shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/3 cup of sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup of milk shopping list
- 3 drops of vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Stir the pie crust mix, cold water, and melted butter until pastry forms a ball. On a floured surface, roll the dough and cut it into 12 balls. Set aside.
- Use an electronic beater to blend Ingredients B. Beat for about 3 minutes and strain the filling through a strainer. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200F. Butter the muffin pan.
- Flatten the balls into small rounds and fit them well into the muffin pan by pressing firmly on bottom and side (do not over stretch). Fill the pie crust dough with the egg mixture (about 80% full).
- Bake the Portuguese Egg Tarts at 400F for about 15-20 minutes or until the filling turn brown.
The Cookbylow919 Irvine, CA
The Rating7 people
Better than the ones that I used to get in Oakland or San Francisco Chinatown bakeries!cal in Albuquerque loved it
Great for beginners. I just baked egg tarts following these instructions and the egg tarts tasted wonderful! This is a superb but simple recipe, especially for beginner cooks, that produces delicious results! I'm a pretty mediocre cook and is is the ...moreresalire in loved it
Aww yeah. This was delicious. It's like egg nog pudding in a pie. And like creme brulee without ramekins. Tasty!jesusalad in DES MOINES loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!