Spinach Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Citrus GravyFrom missamberlee 7 years ago
- 2 chicken breasts ~ pounded to 1/4 inch shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped frozen spinach shopping list
- 1/4 c dried apricots and raisins shopping list
- 1/8 c cubed mozzarella shopping list
- 1 c orange juice shopping list
- 1 tbs brown mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- pinch nutmeg shopping list
- kitchen twine shopping list
- 1 tbs butter shopping list
- 1 tbs flour shopping list
- 2 c chicken stock shopping list
How to make it
- In a large freezer bag add the O.J., mustard, salt and basil.
- Marinate the chicken in this for 20-30 minutes
- cover the dried fruit with hot water and set aside for 5 minutes
- squeeze the water out of the spinach and add the nutmeg
- Drain the fruit and mix with the spinach and cheese, add a pinch of salt and squeeze the mixture one more time to get the water out.
- Lay a breast on the counter and put half of the mixture on one breast starting at the wide end. Roll it together to the end, making sure you can tuck the meat all the way around the filling. Tie shut.
- Sear these both in a hot pan, cover with half the marinade and put in the oven at 350 until it reaches an internal temp of at least 150 (about 45 minutes)
- When they are done, set them aside to rest, cut off the string and use the drippings in the pan to start the gravy. Make a light brown roux, add the rest of the marinade, the stock and cook until its gravy. ;)
- Serve on a bed of mashed potatoes and enjoy!