Creamy Parmesan Turkey Sauce With Country Ham And PeasFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 pound turkey cutlets or slices, uncooked, cut in strips shopping list
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup finely minced country ham or smoked ham shopping list
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add turkey and cook, stirring, until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Add the ham and green onions and cook for about 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with the flour and continue cooking until flour is absorbed.
- Slowly add chicken broth, stirring cosntantly.
- Add peas.
- Simmer the mixture for about 5 to 8 minutes; add parsley, cream, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Taste and adjust seasonings; add salt and pepper as needed.
- Over cheesy grits or pasta!!!
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
this sounds oh so delicious. thanks so much i can wait this has my taste buds jumping. thanksmaywest in Tangerine loved it