Creamy Corn Pudding CasseroleFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 can (approx. 15 ounces) cream-style corn shopping list
- 1 can (approx. 15 ounces) whole kernel corn, or about 2 cups frozen thawed shopping list
- 3 eggs, separated shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; add flour, stirring until mixture is well blended. Gradually stir in the milk; add sugar and salt. Cook, whisking constantly, until smooth and thickened.
- Corn Pudding RecipeMixture will be thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream-style and kernel corn.
- Lightly beat egg yolks, and then add to the corn mixture. In a grease-free bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into the mixture.
- Transfer to a 2-quart buttered casserole.
- Set the casserole in a larger pan and put in the oven.
- Add hot water to the large pan to a depth of about 1 inch.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.