Royal IcingFrom lisafay 9 years ago
How to make it
- Place egg whites, cream of tartar and half of the confectioners sugar into a bowl.
- With an electric mixer at low speed, slowly add remaining sugar
- Beat on low speed for at least 2 minutes to assure even mixing
- Beat on highest speed for 8 - 10 minutes
- A knife drawn through the icing should leave a clear path
- Icing must be kept covered with a damp cloth or paper towel
- To COLOR icing, use paste or powdered colors
- To thin icing for DECORATING COOKIES:
- Add water a little bit at a time
- Icing will flow slowly in an even stream like heavy cream when ready
- Color icing in the same way as Royal Icing
The Cooklisafay Centreville, MS
- Not added to any groups yet!