Black Bean Tamale PieFrom debra47 6 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 8 ounces ground turkey shopping list
- 15 ounce can of black beans , rinsed and drained shopping list
- 8 ounce can of tomato sauce shopping list
- 1.25 ounce package of taco seasoning mix shopping list
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained shopping list
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- salsa shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet until sizzling.
- Add onion and green pepper.
- Cook over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally until vegetables are crisply tender (2-3 minutes).
- Add turkey.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally until turkey is no longer pink (5-7 minutes).
- Stir in beans, tomato sauce and seasoning mix.
- Set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, sugar, and salt in medium bowl.
- Stir in milk, egg and 2 tablespoons melted butter just until moistened.
- Stir in corn.
- Press mixture on bottom and up the sides of a greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Spoon bean mixture into cornmeal crust.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Continue baking for 2-5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating3 people
I like about half of all the black bean recipes in the world, and this definitely falls on the good half. Good post!sweetwords in Raleigh loved it
Made it, ate it, totally liked it! Every few bites, my husband would say, "I like this, this is good, it's not too spicy," etc. Thanks!sweetwords in Raleigh loved it
I made it! It was awesome! We LOVE spicey so I used rotell tomatos blended with my home made taco seasoning and ate it up YUM!!alaskacookin in Kenai loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!