Lemon Sponge PuddingFrom castingcook 8 years ago
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup and 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk shopping list
- 2/3 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 2 lemons, zested shopping list
- Equipment: 8 (8-ounce) ramekins shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter the ramekins.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter with 1/3 cup of the sugar. Mix in the egg yolks; then fold in the flour (it may look curdled.) With a whisk, work in the milk, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the egg whites until foamy. Gradually add the 3/4 cup sugar and continue whipping on medium speed until glossy. Whisk 1/4 of the whites into the lemon mixture and then fold in the remainder.
- Portion the batter immediately into the buttered dishes filling 3/4 of the way full and bake immediately in a water bath covered with foil for 30 minutes. Serve warm topped with a scoop of raspberry sorbet.