Pie CrustFrom frontfloat 9 years ago
How to make it
- Get Ready - the key it to keep shortening and hand cold
- Put the shortening in the freezer for about 20 minutes
- I fill a medium bowl with ice and and water for putting my hands in.
- Make Crust
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt
- Cut in shorten in tablespoon sized lumps until the mixture looks like a course meal
- Sprinkle on the ice water and mix with a fork
- (I run a bit warm so I soak my hands in the bowl of ice water until is hurts bit)
- Knead the dough until it just comes together
- Seperate the dough into two halves
- Wrap in plastic and keep in refridgerator for 30 minutes - will keep for about 3 days.
The Cookfrontfloat St Louis Park, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!