Garam MasalaFrom darmorrow 6 years ago
- 150g cumin seeds shopping list
- 60g coriander seeds shopping list
- 50g green cardamom pods shopping list
- 35g black cardamom pods shopping list
- 20 2.5cm (1inch) pieces of cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 20g cloves shopping list
- 100g fennel seeds shopping list
- 15g bay leaves shopping list
- 2 whole nutmegs shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a wok and add the spices.
- Stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until the mixture starts smoking slightly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool on parchment paper. (Lightly crush nutmegs with a meat pounder)
- Transfer spices to a coffee or spice grinder in batches and process until you have a fine or coarse powder, whichever you prefer.
- Store in dry airtight containers with a tight fitting lid and keep out of direct sunlight.