Cheap Ham and Bean CasseroleFrom snufflebunny15 8 years ago
- 2 large onions, chopped up shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of butter shopping list
- 1 large thick ham slice cut into cubes about 1/2 inch or so shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of flour shopping list
- 1 can of consomme shopping list
- 1 cup of red wine shopping list
- 2 16 oz cans of kidney beans drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 cup of grated extra sharp cheddar shopping list
How to make it
- Fry the onions in the butter until limp.
- Add ham cubes and sprinkle with the flour and cook until toasty looking.
- Add consomme, red wine and beans.
- Mix well and pour into a casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Cover top with grated cheese and bake about 15 minutes more until the cheese is bubbly and browned.
People Who Like This Dish 16
- leefish Arnhem, The Netherlands
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- copper146 Fort Wayne, IN
- misslilysmom Newbern, TN
- barneswifemn Minneapolis, MN
- simplysober Lubbock, TX
- chiadeer East Berlin, PA
- modelsmom Worcester, MA
- cameo55 Saint Peters, MO
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooksnufflebunny15 Tierra Verde, FL
The Rating3 people
Made this last night for the first time. It's definitely going to be a regular from now on. Big hit, cheap, & easy - how perfect is that?! I added about 6oz of macaroni, plus topped it with french-fried onions (in addition to the cheese). Might add a...moremodelsmom in Worcester loved it
gotta love this thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!