Medallions of Veal with Morel SauceFrom unswissmiss 10 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs veal loin, cut into 1/2 inch slices shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 oz dried morel mushrooms, reconstituted, or 4 oz fresh morels, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely minced shopping list
- 1 C Hollandaise sauce (recipe included separately) shopping list
- 1/2 C cream shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Mix Hollandaise sauce with cream, and set over a pot of hot (but not boiling) water to keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil. Salt and pepper veal according to taste, and brown medallions on each side, 2-3 minutes. Remove to plate, cover, and keep warm in oven at 170 degrees F.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan, and cook onions until soft and the color starts to turn.
- Add morels and cook until softened.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir onion-morel mixture into the Hollandaise sauce, reserving 1/4 cup for garnish, if desired.
- Divide veal medallions, sauce, and garnish among 4 plates and serve.