Black Bean Corn and Mandarin SaladFrom ktalaska 8 years ago
- 2 cans black beans (about 3-3.5 cups, rinsed and drained) shopping list
- 2 cans sweet yellow corn (about 3.5 cups, drained) shopping list
- 2 small cans mandarin oranges (1.5-2 cups, drained) shopping list
- 1 clove elephant garlic shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- ~2 tsp cilantro, finely chopped shopping list
- ~1 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Eat immediately, or chill for later.
- Some notes: A batch will stay good in the refrigerator for at least one week. The elephant garlic is a little less intense than regular garlic, so using lots of it is no problem, at least for me. Trader Joe's has packs of frozen cilantro, which I find very useful. (I use 2-3 of the little cubes for one batch of this salad) You could leave the seeds in or use more jalapeno for more spice, but I'm happy with it as is.