Cracker Jack CookiesFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup stick margarine, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup firm-packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal shopping list
- 2 cups Rice Krispies shopping list
- 1 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- Bag of chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder,soda and salt.
- Transfer to a large piece of wax paper.
- In the same bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed to cream the margarine, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients mixing well. Then stir in the oatmeal, Rice Krispies and coconut and Chocolate Chips.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonful or use a small Ice cream scoup, onto the prepared baking sheets and bake in the center of the oven about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks. Makes about 6 dozen cookies.