Buttermilk Biscuits with Goat Cheese and Chives RecipeFrom donnaja1231 6 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of freshly chopped chives (can also use chopped green onions) shopping list
- 1 5-ounce log soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk (plus an extra tablespoon for finish) shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 heavy baking sheets with silpat or parchment paper.
- 2 Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Using fingertips, rub butter into dry ingredients until coarse meal forms. Stir in the chives. Add cheese and buttermilk; stir with fork just until a sticky dough forms (bits of cheese will be visible in dough).
- 3 Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently 8 times with floured hands. Do not over-knead! Form into a round, about 3/4-inch to an inch thick. Cut the round into 8 wedges. Use a pastry brush to brush on some extra buttermilk over the surface of the wedges.
- 4 Arrange wedges about 1/2 inch apart on an ungreased large baking sheet and bake in middle of oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Makes 8 large biscuits. Best eaten just baked and warm, with a little butter.
People Who Like This Dish 16
- essentialingredients Kansas City, Missouri
- cupcakelove1219 Kansas City, MO
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- lovingmybabbyalways Winchester VA, VA
- springchicken09 Casa Grande
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- sducheny Ann Arbor, MI
- debwin Toronto, CA
- neena51 Hollywood, FL
- greekcook1 Atlantic City, NJ
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!