Cheesy Beef PieFrom flavorsofitaly 6 years ago
- 1 lb ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 (10 oz) can mild (or hot, if you're brave) enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 (3 oz) can chopped mushrooms, drained shopping list
- 2 packages (8 rolls each) refrigerated crescent rolls shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 6 slices (6 oz) sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In skillet, brown ground beef and onion, drain. Sprinkle meat mixture with cornstarch and blend in. Stir in enchilada sauce, parsley, and mushrooms, set aside.
- Unroll one package of crescent rolls. Seal edges together, and roll into 12 inch square. fit into 9 inch pie plate, trim edge even with edge of plate. Separate one of the eggs and set yolk aside. Beat egg white with remaining 2 eggs, and spread half over dough.
- Spoon meat into shell. Arrange cheese slices on top and spread remaining egg mixture over cheese. Mix reserved egg yolk and 1 Tbl water and brush lightly on edge of pastry. Reserve remaining yolk mixture. Roll second package of crescent rolls into 12 inch square as above. Place on top of filling. Trim about 1/2 inch beyond edge of plate. Seal, and flute edges, cut slits in top of pie for escape of steam. Brush top with remaining yolk mixture.
- Bake in 350F oven for 50-55 minutes. If pastry gets too brown, cover with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.