Beans n Barley Soup in a JarFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 2 envelopes vegetable bouillon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion shopping list
- ½ cup dehydrated soup vegetables shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley shopping list
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder shopping list
- ½ tablespoon dried basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried sage shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 2/3 cup barley shopping list
- ½ cup dried split peas shopping list
- ¾ cup dry lentils shopping list
How to make it
- In a large, wide-mouth jar, combine bouillon granules, dehydrated onion, soup vegetables, and seasonings.
- Place a layer of cellophane or Saran wrap over the seasonings in the jar, bringing it up the inner sides of the container.
- Layer in the barley, split peas and lentils.
- Seal the jar and decorate as you wish.
- Attach a recipe card with the following directions:
- Place upper layer of jar contents in a large stockpot and cover with 6 cups water and 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes, with liquid.
- Stir in seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Check after 30 minutes and add additional water if necessary.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget557 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members
1500 Calories A Day173 members