Cream Puff or Eclair PastryFrom cyates798 8 years ago
How to make it
- Bring butter and water to a boil in medium saucepan.
- Add flour in all at once and stir until it begins to pull away from sides and forms a ball in the center of saucepan.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs in one at a time until smooth.
- Drop on well greased baking sheet a couple of inches apart, you can either make long or small eclairs or big or small puffs, your choice.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overbake!!!
- Remove to cooling rack and cool til you can handle, slice open with a serrated knife and remove dough in middle, allow to dry 30 minutes to 1 hour before filling.