Cheese Lasagna Olive Garden copycatFrom redkitchen 6 years ago
- Cream sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 cup milk shopping list
- cheese filling: shopping list
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil packed) minced shopping list
- 1 Table. fresh garlic minched shopping list
- 3 1/2 cup ricotta cheese shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese shopping list
- 1 cup Fontina cheese shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- Other: shopping list
- 4 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded) shopping list
- 1 cup spinach lasagna noodles (regular is fine also) shopping list
- marinara sauce (as desired) shopping list
- Extra parmesan cheese (freshly grated) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir until well blended. Cook until frothy.
- Add milk, stirring constantly with wire whisk as mixture comes to a simmer. Cook and stir until thickened (3-4 minutes). Chill while mixing other ingredients. Drain and mince tomatoes and garlic. Place other cheese filling ingredients in a mixing bowl with tomatoes and garlic. Add 1 1/2 cups of cooled cream sauce and mix until well blended. Regrigerate, reserving 1/2 cup for later.
- cook lasagna noodles accoring to package. Cool under cold water and drain. Place 3 lasagna noodles in a 9X13 lightly oiled baking dish, overlapping slightly. Spread 1 1/2 cup cheese filling over noodles, sprinkle with one cup mozzarela and 1/4 cup fontina cheese. Repeat layers three more times. Top with remaining three lasagna noodles. Spread 1/2 cup of reserved cream sauce over top and cover lightly with foil.
- Preheat over to 350* and bake 1 hour. Remove from oven and keep warm at least 30 minutes before serving
- Serve topped with hot marinara and parmesan cheese.