Pumpkin Coconut Pecan Pound CakeFrom dugger 10 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 1 Cup light butter shopping list
- 2 Cups sugar shopping list
- 4 Large eggs shopping list
- 15 Ounces Can Pure pumpkin shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 Cup sweetened coconut Flakes shopping list
- 1/2 Cup pecans, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 Cup raisins shopping list
- SAUCE: shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3/4 Cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 Large egg, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 12 cup bundt pan.
- In large bowl, beat 1 cup butter at medium speed until creamy.
- Beat in 2 cups sugar 4-5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add 4 eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and 2 teaspoons vanilla until combined.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/4 tsp of salt. At low speed slowly beat into Pumpkin mixture. Fold in coconut, raisins and pecans.
- Spoon into pan. Bake 60 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan and wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Turn cake over on a plate and remove from the bundt pan.
- Cake is ready to enjoy. You can add a vanilla sauce or glaze if you want but it is great as it is. Also makes a great breakfast pastry.
- To prepare Vanilla Sauce place sugar, butter, evaporated milk and salt in heavy medium saucepan; heat over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter melted, stirring occasionally.
- In medium bowl, whisk together egg and vanilla. Slowly whisk in sugar mixture. Return to saucepan, increase heat to medium and cook 8 minutes or until mixture coats back of a spoon, whisking constantly. Spoon over cake when serving.
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating4 people
love pumpkin, love coconut, love pecans, love pound cake, so this cake is a must for my collection thank you Doug.auntievi in Oshawa loved it
i love pumpkin and coconut sounds greatminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it