French Onion SoupFrom jones2888 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 5 cups thinly sliced large onions shopping list
- 3 cans (10 1/2 ounces each) condensed beef broth (no gelatin added) shopping list
- 1 t. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 t. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt, optional shopping list
- dash pepper shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- French bread, sliced shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large kettle. Add onions and saute until tender and golden brown. Add broth, water, Worchestershire sauce, sugar, salt if desired and pepper. Cook over medium heat 45 minutes.
- Stir in wine and heat 10 minutes. Do not boil. Sprinkle French Bread slices with Parmesan. Place soup into serving bowls, top with slice of bread each and broil until brown. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!