Breakfast PastyFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 2 lb 6 oz browned ground sausage shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 3 lb bag of frozen shredded hash browns shopping list
- 21 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 Tbsp dry mustard shopping list
- 2 quarts milk Crust: shopping list
- 6 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 cups lard shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups ice water shopping list
How to make it
- Blend crust ingredients together and knead until smooth. Divide dough in half. Roll out first half large enough to fit 10X15 _ pan.
- Place rolled dough in greased pan, press up the sides of the pan. Place a layer of shredded frozen hash browns on top of crust.
- Next mix the ground sausage and onion and place on top of hash browns. Place a layer of cheese over meat/onion mixture.
- Beat eggs, milk and dry mustard together and pour over top of layers.
- Roll remaining crust and place on top. Seal and tuck edges into pan.
- Make 6-8 slits with knife in top crust. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Brush top with butter, rotate pan and continue baking another 30 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean or an internal temperature reaches 165°. Cut into 2X2 squares. Serve hot.