Onion SoupFrom maddie 9 years ago
- onions - 750g shopping list
- 2 large tbsp butter shopping list
- oil - 1 tbsp shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- A pinch of sugar shopping list
- flour - 1 tbsp shopping list
- stock - 1.5 l shopping list
- white wine - 125ml shopping list
- For Garnish shopping list
- 12 slices of French bread shopping list
- olive/ salad oil - 1 tbsp shopping list
- Halved garlic cloves shopping list
- Grated cheese - 100g shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the sliced onions in butter and oil until they are soft. Remove the lid of the pan and raise heat to a moderate flame. Stir the seasoning and sugar in and cook for about 40 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Wait till the onions turn a deep brown. Stir in the flour and cook for 3 minutes. Pour in the hot stock and stir again to blend.
- Now add wine. Simmer it for a while. Rub the garlic cloves on the surface of the bread. Sprinkle with cheese and serve it hot.
The Cookmaddie Bangalore, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!