Cheddar Apple Pear BiscuitsFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1 ½ cups flour shopping list
- 1 ½ cups spelt flour shopping list
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ½ cup unsalted butter, frozen shopping list
- 2/3 cup old cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/3 cup diced ripe pears shopping list
- 3/4 cups dried apples, diced shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk together the flours, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Using a box grater on the largest holes, grate the butter into the flour mixture and rub with fingertips until it resembles large flakes.
- Stir in cheese, pears and apples.
- Gently incorporate the flour with the buttermilk just until combined.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and pat dough down to a ½ inch thick circle.
- Cut out desired shapes with biscuit cutters and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth447 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Comfort Foods773 members
The Breakfast Club442 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits282 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Cooking With Kids38 members