The Best White Bread Or Rolls From A Bread MachineFrom prettymess 9 years ago
- 1 cup water, plus shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water (70-80 F) shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast shopping list
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (for dinner rolls only) (optional) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons shortening (for dinner rolls only) (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- in bread machine pan, place all ingredients from water through yeast in order as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select the basic bread setting.
- check dough after 5 minutes of mixing, if needed add 1-2T of water or flour.
- For dinner rolls.
- Mix in bread machine but using the dough option.
- lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking pan
- When dough is finished shape into 15 uniformly sized balls. I always grease my hands with shortening to smooth the dough out
- Cover and let the rolls rise in a warm, draft free place until double in size
- Bake in a 350° oven about 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- remove from oven brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter.
- Take out of pan and let completely cool before storing.
People Who Like This Dish 71
The Cookprettymess Riverside, CA
The Rating14 people
I made this today. WONDERFUL!!! The crust is crispy and the inside so soft! This recipe is going into my personal cookbook! Thanks for sharing, thanks to grandma also!tarra in Soda Springs loved it
Looks like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed. Sheesh why leave such a nasty comment.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
Agreed - this is the Greatest bread! I used the 1 1/2lb loaf setting on light crust.
I didn't have bread flour on hand so I used WW flour for the gluten by spliting the flour
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat and 2 cups all purpose.tipetoe in Tempe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!