Chicken Tortilla SoupFrom jade2011 5 years ago
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded (deli chicken can be used) shopping list
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth shopping list
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1clove garlic, minced shopping list
- I/2 fresh lime ,juiced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas (or 1 each serving) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the chicken broth, green chilies, tomatoes with green chilies, onion, and garlic in a soup pot.
- Add the shredded chicken. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, cilantro, cayenne, and cumin. Simmer for 10-15 minutes longer.
- Cut the tortillas into 1/2 x 2-inch strips. Fry in hot olive oil in skillet until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese and the tortilla strips