Chocolate Pepper CookiesFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- Pinch of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 4 to 6 ounces semisweet chocolate for decoration shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and sugar; add the eggs and beat until fluffy. Sift together dry ingredients, add to the butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
- If dough seems too soft, add up to 1/4 cup more flour. Divide dough into three portions, shape into flattened rounds, wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a well-floured board, roll out one dough portion to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut into shapes with cookie cutters and set 1 to 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Re-roll leftover dough and cut more. Repeat with remaining dough portions.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until just crisp. Do not allow to darken. Cool on racks.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over cookies. Allow to harden before serving. Makes 3 to 4 dozen.