Sherry Butter Nut DropsFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 3 1/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1 cup ground pecans shopping list
- 2 egg whites, beaten shopping list
- pecan halves, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Mix the flour into the butter mixture, alternating with the sherry, making sure to finish with the flour.
- Stir in the ground pecans.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet and roll each portion between your palms to make smooth, even balls.
- Press each one into the cookie sheet and brush with beaten egg white.
- Using a fork, knife or another tool, press a design into the top of each cookie, or press a pecan half, right side up, into each ball or dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool a few minutes and remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cool and let cookies sit overnight to ripen.
- Serve or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Delicious! I think you need to start a mail order sweets shop, then you can just mail me all these goodies...organicmama in loved it
Awesome JM! Tops!pink in USA loved it
I just happened to come across this recipe and I love it. Thanks so much for posting it on the group and you've got my 5 forks ;)chacha in New York loved it