Lemon Chiffon PieFrom jones2888 7 years ago
- 1 9-inch pie crust, baked according to directions on package (or graham cracker crust) shopping list
- 1 pkg. unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 t. grated lemon peel shopping list
- 2-3 drops yellow food coloring shopping list
- whipped topping ** optional shopping list
- blueberries, whole ** optional shopping list
- candied lemon rind ** optional shopping list
How to make it
- Mix gelatin with 1/2/ cup sugar in saucepan.
- Blend in egg yolks beaten with water and lemon juice. Sit for 1 minute. Stir constantly while heating until gelatin dissolves.
- Add lemon peel and food coloring.
- Chill, stirring occasionally, until ingredients mound slightly when dropped from spoon.
- Beat egg whites until foamy; add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff, but not dry. fold into gelatin mixture. Spoon into crust.
- Decorate as desired with whipped cream, blueberries, and rind
- Chill 3 to 4 hours.