Hazelnut and Chard Ravioli Salad RecipeFrom richkurt 9 years ago
- 3/4 lb. raviolis (see headnotes) shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- fine grain sea salt shopping list
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 bunch swiss chard, deveined and cut into 1/2-inch ribbons shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped shopping list
- 1 cup butternut squash "croutons" shopping list
- zest of one lemon shopping list
- 1/4 cup chives, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Into an extra-large pot of well-salted boiling water add the raviolis. After a few minutes, when the raviolis float and are cooked through, drain them and toss with one tablespoon of the olive oil. This prevents them from sticking together. Set aside.
- To caramelize the onions, heat another tablespoon of the olive oil in a large thick-bottomed skillet with a pinch of salt. Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions collapse and turn deep brown in color. You can do this ahead of time (or just before serving) - whatever you prefer. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Just before serving heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, again in a big skillet over high heat. Add the raviolis. Stir in the onions, and then the chard. Wait until the chard begins to wilt, then stir in most of the cheese and most of the hazelnuts. Gently fold in the butternut squash and lemon zest. Remove from heat.
- Serve on a big platter garnished with chives and remaining hazelnuts and Parmesan.
- Serves 6.
The Cookrichkurt San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!