Cinnamon Chip SconeFrom sunny 9 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter - room temp shopping list
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips shopping list
- 1 egg - seperated shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in mixing bowl. Cut in butter slowly, mixing well.
- In a seperate bowl, combine egg yolk, vanilla, and buttermilk. Add to dry ingredients, mixing completely. Stir in cinnamon chips.
- On a floured surface, pat out dough (with hands) to rounded mound 1/2" thick. Cut into 6 scones, place on ungreased cooking sheet or in a cast iron scone pan.
- Brush egg white over scones and sprinkle cinnamon sugar, to taste, over scones. Bake 18-20 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooksunny Portland, OR
The Rating6 people
I have never heard of cinnamon baking chips, I will have to look, thanks. This looks lovely!organicmama in loved it
You will not believe this..I spent a lot of time searching for Starbucks dessert recipes..Keep them comming.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Sunny... I love scones...Im trying to make them a tradition at my house....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it