Currant Cheesecake Pie in a Graham Cracker CrustFrom borinda 10 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 8 Tbsp sweet butter, melted shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- boiling water shopping list
- 2/3 cup dried currants shopping list
- 24 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 8 ounces sweet butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the crust ingredients together well.
- Press them into a well-greased 10-inch pie dish to form an even crust.
- Pour the boiling water over the currants to plump them for one minute. Then drain them and spread on paper towels to dry.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together.
- Add the salt, sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- Stir in the currants - do not beat them so you avoid breaking them up.
- Pour this batter into the crust and level the batter.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Raise the oven rack and broil for a minute +/- to color the top of the cake attractively.
- Let sit to cool to room temperature before serving or refrigerate.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating1 people
I thought of you when posting this, knowing you're a cheesecake affcionado. I'll be curious how this measures up to the recipe you refer to.
We really enjoy this one too well when I make it.borinda in SoCal loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!