Sausage and Peppers Sandwich SoupFrom dsmith0616 8 years ago
- 2 - 20 oz packages of italian sausage, one sweet one hot (turkey sausage may be substituted) shopping list
- 3 - large, green bell peppers, large dice shopping list
- 2 - large yellow onions, large dice shopping list
- 1 - 19 oz can cannelini beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 - 1 cup uncooked orzo shopping list
- 3 - quarts chopped tomates, not drained shopping list
- 2 - cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1 - tbl dried oregano shopping list
- 1 - tbl ground mustard powder shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Add tomatoes to a 6 to 7 quart crockpot
- 2. Turn crockpot onto the High Setting
- 3. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the sausages, cooking thoroughly, then setting aside to cool slightly
- 4. To that skillet, add the peppers and onions and 2 tbl water, stirring often, to get the good "brown bits" leftover from the sausage. Once vegetables have reached a soft state, add to crockpot.
- 5. Slice sausage into 1/4" rounds, add to crockpot
- 6. Add the garlic, oregano and mustard
- 7. Cook on High for 2 hours - taste, add salt and pepper as needed
- 8. Add beans and orzo, stir
- 9. Turn crockpot to Low for 30 minutes
- Serve with crusty rolls!
The Cookdsmith0616 VA
- Not added to any groups yet!